Friday, January 8, 2010

My first new year aboard.

Happy twenty ten to people who've made it to the URBAN DIARY.
May this year bring you love, luck and lentils.

The year that passed by has been momentous for me as I took/ made life changing decisions. I'm going to write more bout it later.
Yes, this is was my first new year aboard and my 4th consecutive year away from home. I mean, since college I've been partying only with friends leaving my young(er) brother and old grandmother with my parents.
I promise, mom and dad, I will make it with you all the next new year.
This new year was very special. The two people I love the most were a part of it. My beloved fianće and my best friend. I got to meet a few other friends of my friend who were really amiable and man! those boys can cook. Also, it was a pleasant change for me since I don't get to socialize much in the place I live.
So all of us went to the Stuttgart city center for the countdown. The city is huge! People were there everywhere. Most of them high on booze. There were some awesome fireworks as the clock struck 12 and people everywhere greeted each other, drank more and celebrated twenty ten. By far, one of the best new years I've had. Of course, each new year I've celebrated has been special in its own way. Coming from a (sort of) conservative family, I was never outside at 12am. But this time, I got to do in style. In Stuttgart, with my fianće, with my best friend.

2009 was a rather eventful year. Pleasantly eventful. I found a wonderful partner to spend the rest of my life with, I got admitted to a good university in Germany and what more, I got engaged to the man I loved with our parents blessings. I couldn't have asked for more. I may also mention about the play we did beginning of the year and was arguably(?) successful. I spoke so much kannada (my mother tongue!) and surprised myself, my family and my friends. That was one experience that will last a lifetime.
Also, I learnt swimming from the Olympic medalist, Nisha Millet. Something I was wanting to learn since a long time.

Twenty ten, as I mentioned earlier will indeed be year to watch out. I say this only because I've selected a tough course to clear and still wondering if I ever was a 'masters material'. I have things in my own hands. I make it or break it. I have to clear this masters with wedding bells next year (hopefully) and obviously, I can't stop dreaming about it.
Apart from this, I hope to do some travelling. I have a Schengen visa for crying out loud!
I will be fervently waiting for the end of this year to see where I land and what I do.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. "I have things in my own hands. I make it or break it."

    You know, statements like these are scary for a man.

    "I have to clear this masters with wedding bells next year (hopefully)"

    Achacha. Nan opinion-u approval-u ella ashten matter aagalvenri? Veto power assume maadkondyeno. Hayyo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You know, statements like these are scary for a man."

    Not assuming anything, I ask, yaake?

    "Will you marry me?" anta naan ega keLbekeno? :P Avella assumed-ma. Neen sumne follow maadbeku. Iglu choice beku andre beestini. :)

    ReplyDelete